Thomas H. Cellilli III
OverviewThomas (Tom) Cellilli, III is a litigator and coverage attorney who focuses on complex property and product liability claims. He represents major first-party property insurers in coverage actions and arbitrations, or trial litigation throughout the United States and in international proceedings. He also handles consumer and industrial product liability litigation, pursuing subrogation for insurers or defending manufacturers, brokers, distributors and property owners in cases of catastrophic loss of property or life.
Tom guides clients through complex coverage issues such as time element coverage, including business interruption, contingent business interruption, delay in completion, advance loss of profits, extra expense, civil authority, ingress/egress, mold, demolition and increased costs of construction, code upgrades, concurrent causation, ensuing loss, faulty workmanship and design, alleged insurer bad faith, as well as fraud and arson.
Tom is a recognized leader in defending cases of arson for profit. His knowledge of fire science and the intricacies of NFPA 1033 and NFPA 921 give him unique perspectives on expert witness qualifications and their scientific method. Tom has particular experience in fire and explosion cases involving sophisticated industrial equipment involving dust, ammonia and electrostatics.
He is invited to speak, as an arson expert, at conferences worldwide such as the International Association of Special Investigation Units and Insurance Fraud Management Conference through the Insurance Services Office (ISO) and the International Association of Arson Investigators New York Chapter.
- New York Super Lawyers, 2016-2018
- Defense Research Institute
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Loss Executive Association
- Property Loss Research Bureau (PLRB)
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance
- International Association of Arson Investigators
- Presentation: New York Anti Car Theft & Fraud Association: Is Your Fire Expert Really An Expert? Keys to Vetting Your Fire Expert (June 2016), Presenter.
- Presentation: International Association of Arson Investigators New York State Spring Training Seminar: Advanced Statement Taking Techniques in Arson Investigations (March 2016), Presenter.
10/17/2017Tom Cellilli will speak at the 27th Annual NJSIA Seminar on Insurance Fraud on October 17th at Harrah's Resort in Atlantic City, NJ.
06/08/2016Thomas (Tom) Cellilli will speak at the New York Anti Car Theft & Fraud Association Training Seminar on June 8, 2016 in Beacon, New York. For more information, click here.
03/11/2016Tom Cellilli will speak at the International Association of Arson Investigators New York State Spring Training Seminar on March 11-13, 2016. For more information, click https://www.firearson.com/.