Cyber, Privacy, Media & TechnologyAs the world’s dependence on technology grows, so do the liability risks associated with implementing and using that technology. Attorneys in our Cyber, Privacy, Media & Technology practice have a thorough understanding of those legal and business risks from the handling of personal or confidential business information, use of electronic and social media, to an attack on a business’ operations. Skarzynski Marick has been at the leading edge of cyber insurance issues from the beginning, with extensive involvement in:
- Technology errors and omissions and media liability policies
- Third-party privacy and network security coverage enhancements
- Professional liability and commercial general liability coverage for data breach remediation, notification and PCI DSS fines
- Regulatory and civil liability to first-party policies covering network security risks
- Cyber business interruption
- Extortion threats
- Data restoration
- Cyber crisis management expenses
We assist clients on both sides of the technology, including the related licensing, drafting and negotiation of technology contracts and Service Level Agreements to address privacy and security requirements under applicable laws and commitments. Our attorneys also work with clients to develop strategies to manage legal risks in these areas and represent them, when necessary, in litigation arising from these issues.
We also have broad experience in non-technology intellectual property issues, including copyright, trademark and trade secret issues ranging from the Lanham Act to celebrity marketing tie-ins.