Suzanne M. Whitehead
OverviewSuzanne has extensive experience counseling insurers and litigating complex insurance claims relating to professional liability, employment practices liability, excess and umbrella and commercial general liability policies. Suzanne’s practice involves advising insurers regarding pre-litigation coverage issues and negotiating early settlement opportunities. Her experience also extends to matters involving bad faith claims, sexual abuse claims, employer practices, directors and officers, long-tail coverage and additional insureds.
Suzanne has litigated coverage in both New York and Massachusetts state and federal courts. She also has experience with commercial disputes involving unfair business conduct, employment practices, contractual disputes, investment fraud, construction disputes and Americans with Disabilities Act claims.
Suzanne serves as an Editor for the Defense Research Institute (DRI) Covered Events publication. She is a member of DRI’s Insurance Law Steering Committee and Marketing Chair of DRI’s Complex Coverage Forum.
- Defense Research Institute
- Editor, Insurance Law Committee Covered Events Newsletter
- Insurance Law Committee Steering Committee Member
- Association of Professional Insurance Women
- Armadillo Group
- Dave Young Children’s Literature Foundation, Board of Directors
- Editor, “Covered Events,” Defense Research Institute (DRI) (2019)
- Presenter, “The Next Wave: Sexual Abuse Claims,” DRI Complex Coverage Forum (November 2019)
- Author, “Coverage B Conundrum: Do the Facts Alleged or the Elements of Liability Control Courts’ Duty to Defend Analysis?” DRI For the Defense (May 2019)
- Presenter, “Niche Practices: Cyber Insurance,” DRI Young Lawyers Seminar (June 2018)
- Author, “Disclosure from Defense Counsel May Yield Estoppel and Bad Faith Claims,” The Voice, DRI Newsletter (January 2016)
- Regional Editor, “Duty to Defend Compendium 2016 Edition,” DRI (January 2016)
- Co-Editor in Chief, “Bad Faith Compendium 2015 Edition,” DRI (November 2015)
- Author, Cyber Liability Chapter, “Coverage B/Personal and Advertising Injury Compendium 2014 Edition,” DRI (March 2014)
- Presenter, “The Top Ten Ways the Virtual World Rocks the Real World: Insurance Issues Arising Out of #Cyberinsurance and #PrivacyInsurance,” ABA Women in Insurance Conference (October 2013)
- Author, “Fine-Tuning What Constitutes a Professional Service under Liability Policies,” Covered Events, DRI Insurance Law Committee Newsletter (August 2013)
- Author, “Thirteen Ways to Take Initiative in 2013,” The Whisper, DRI Young Lawyers Committee Newsletter (March 2013)
- Author, “Engaging in Public Service: Helping Others with an Added Bonus of Enhancing Your Career and Professional Development,” The Whisper, DRI’s Young Lawyers Committee Newsletter (2013)
- Associate Editor in Chief, “Professional Liability Insurance Coverage: A Compendium of State Law,” DRI (November 2012)
- Author, “Law School Initiative Subcommittee: This Summer, Think Twice Before Clicking on 'Confirm Friend Request' from an Associate or Partner,” The Whisper, DRI Young Lawyers Committee Newsletter (July 2011)
- Author, “How Many Corners Does the Eight Corners Rule Have When Claims-Made Defenses Are at Issue?” Covered Events, DRI Insurance Law Committee Newsletter (June 2011)
- Chapter Editor, DRI Daubert Compendium 2011 Edition (May 2011)
- Author “Current Trends in Student Loan Borrower Litigation: Borrower Must Pay Loan Debt,” The Whisper, DRI Young Lawyers Committee Newsletter (June 2010)
March 30, 2020Skarzynski Marick & Black LLP continues to grow and is excited to announce the addition of partners Samantha Riley, Jessica Cavallo and Suzanne Whitehead; the promotion of Rebecca Amdursky; and the arrival of counsel Juan Luis Garcia.